Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Extra libraries, Code snippets, applications etc. » OS Problems etc., Win32, POSIX, MacOS, FreeBSD, X11 etc » Linux embedded development without X11/GTK dependencies
Linux embedded development without X11/GTK dependencies [message #54386] Thu, 09 July 2020 13:16 Go to previous message
jjacksonRIAB is currently offline  jjacksonRIAB
Experienced Member
I've been trying to peruse the forums because there's not much documentation on this, but whenever I try to do an embedded UI using framebuffer/SDL or some other technology without a window manager (rainbow, etc), X11/GTK dependencies always seem to be linked in. What's the most up-to-date way of removing these linkages if there are any? I'm not sure what the status is on anything. Was Rainbow folded into VirtualGUI?

It would be nice to be able, for example, even to just use Painter as a mostly standalone thing without the X dependency but the way things appear to be set up now it's assumed if you're not using GTK you're using X11 when you really want neither.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Runtime error: "undefined symbol: gdk_display_get_primary_monitor"
Next Topic: Use TheIDE on Windows Subsystem for Linux v2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 10:25:56 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05699 seconds