FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » UppHub » Tree container - compile error with Clang++
Tree container - compile error with Clang++ [message #55011] Sun, 04 October 2020 21:21 Go to previous message
wimpie is currently offline  wimpie
Hello,

Compiling package Bazaar/TreeTest is good with gcc, but clang++ gives the following error:

In file included from /home/tommie/Programming/ultimatepp/bazaar/TreeTest/main.cpp:1:
In file included from /home/tommie/Programming/ultimatepp/bazaar/TreeTest/TreeTest.h:11:
/home/tommie/Programming/ultimatepp/bazaar/Tree/Tree.h:112:11: error: dependent using declaration resolved to type without 'typename'
        using B::ConstIterator;
                 ^
/home/tommie/Programming/ultimatepp/bazaar/Tree/Tree.h:152:11: note: in instantiation of template class 'Upp::Tree<Upp::Node<Upp::One<Element> > >' requested here
        : public Tree<Node<T> >
                 ^
/home/tommie/Programming/ultimatepp/bazaar/TreeTest/TreeTest.h:31:22: note: in instantiation of template class 'Upp::Node<Upp::One<Element> >' requested here
        Node<One<Element> > root;
                            ^
/home/tommie/Programming/ultimatepp/uppsrc/Core/Vcont.h:449:8: note: target of using declaration
        class ConstIterator {
              ^

Same for "using B::Iterator;"

My knowledge of C++ is not that great so I am not really understanding what is the problem at hand.
From searching I get the idea it might not strictly correct C++ syntax although GCC accepts it.
Suggestions are that "using B::B" should be correct and when I change the 2 lines to that the test package actually happily compiles.

But I'm not very confident this is the solution..

regards

edit: well, actually removing those lines seems o.k. too...

[Updated on: Sun, 04 October 2020 21:25]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: ChromiumBrowser doesn't compile with latest CEF (85.3)
Next Topic: Tree container - compile error when using Add()
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 19:27:35 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 2.16982 seconds