Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Widgets - General questions or Mixed problems » How would I virtualize a scrollable view to dynamically load Ctrls?
Re: How would I virtualize a scrollable view to dynamically load Ctrls? [message #58487 is a reply to message #58483] Tue, 31 May 2022 21:27 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
jjacksonRIAB is currently offline  jjacksonRIAB
Experienced Member
mirek wrote on Tue, 31 May 2022 14:39
I am afraid that with thousands of paragraphs, it will still be slow determining the height for given with (e.g. RichTextCtrl needs to do that in Layout anyway). Note that if you load some really big text in MS Word or OpenOffice writer, it can be slow as well before he reformats everything. In you current example, you need to typeset about 4 millions glyphs... Smile

It is strange it is slow on your machine though. What exactly is slow, scrolling?

Mirek

Scrolling is fine. Resizing just kills it. This is on linux though, I don't know if you were running it on Windows. KDE, cinnamon, lxde - doesn't matter on any DE I've tested even with compositing turned off.

But yeah, given the amount it has to do to the text I'm not surprised it bogs down. That's a lot of work to do just for a transitional effect. I thought the problem, other than the sheer number of items was in GetHeight too, promise to use the profiler code in the future to know for sure. One thing I was really impressed with was how little memory it used.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Proper SplitterFrame removal++
Next Topic: What happened to the caret methods?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:49:56 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08691 seconds