Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Extra libraries, Code snippets, applications etc. » OS Problems etc., Win32, POSIX, MacOS, FreeBSD, X11 etc » What happens with the virtual function PreDestroy in Linux?
What happens with the virtual function PreDestroy in Linux? [message #5417] Wed, 20 September 2006 16:14 Go to previous message
nicomesas is currently offline  nicomesas
Experienced Member
I don't know what happens with the virtual function PreDestroy in Linux.

It hoped that when my TopWindow is closed outside call by defect but does not happen thus.

Been I have observed in code in the Windows version and see that the function void Ctrl::WndDestroy() in CtrlCore/Win32Wnd.cpp makes a call to ::DestroyWindow(top->hwnd); this call generates a message that is gathered by function Ctrl::WindowProc in CrtlCore/Win32Proc.cpp
 case WM_DESTROY: 
    PreDestroy(); 

But the Linux version of Ctrk::WndDestroy() does not invoke to that function of any way.

Well, finally I don't worry because the code to finalize I can put it in the destructor but it is to me rare that any call to that virtual function does not become.

Perhaps could be put a call to PreDestroy() at the end of the function Ctrl::WndDestroy() in linux?

Nico

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Microsoft Visual C++ workspace
Next Topic: Rare behavior in Windows
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 07:31:18 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05160 seconds