Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Widgets - General questions or Mixed problems » problems with popup/pulldown menus on Gentoo/kde linux
problems with popup/pulldown menus on Gentoo/kde linux [message #7859] Sat, 27 January 2007 02:36 Go to previous message
ebojd is currently offline  ebojd
Experienced Member
Hello all,

I am having problems with popup and pulldown menus on theIDE and all examples both with precompiled versions (upp-linux386-605) and compiling (upp-src-2007.1beta, upp-src-2007.1beta2, upp-0.701.1, and directly from the SVN tree with borrowed Makefiles from the linux version).

The basic problem is all popup and pulldown menus disappear as soon as I attempted to move into them from the direction of the original click, but will allow to enter them by first moving away and entering them from a different side than the closest. As an example, if I choose the AddressBook demo I can only get it to build by either using the F7 hot-key or by clicking on build, moving up and away from the pulldown list (without moving the mouse over Debug, Assist, or Setup), and then move into the list from the side or below. Similar behavior occurs with popups. My guess is that there is a logical flip somewhere in the menus code.

Anyone have ideas what's going on before I start wading through the code with a debugger?

BTW, I am running Gentoo-Linux(2.6.18-r6), gcc(4.1.1), xorg-x11(7.1), kde(3.5.5)

Thanks,

EBo --

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message