Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: CodeEditor, Assist++, Topic++ » selection of colours for code editor
selection of colours for code editor [message #10257] Thu, 28 June 2007 01:36 Go to previous message
pvozenilek is currently offline  pvozenilek
Promising Member
Quite a few default colours in TheIDE text editor are suboptimal:

* The pure white used as backgroud is quite tiring. Slight tinge of yellow, just like a paper has, would be better. The colour selection dialog may allow to set all while background in one operation.

* Right now if I select a colour in the color wheen I cannot reproduce it anywhere else. There's no numeric value and no drag & drop.

* Pure colours (pure green, pure violet) are tiring as well. HCI guides suggest to make these colours slightly impure.

* The background (while) colour of browser, list of files, list of packages etc cannot be changed (I didn't find). It would be ideal to be able to set "global" background colour (with enough of choice among white-light gray-light yellow tinges).

* What I discovered is that any reinstall of UPP (going to new dev release etc) erases all previous settings, including colours. Would it be possible to preserve "harmless" settings like this?

/Pavel

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: how to import coloring configurations
Next Topic: make programs output to theIDE console by default [SUGGESTION]