FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » Look and Chameleon Technology » Office Ribbon skin
Re: Any function to draw gradient color? [message #11749 is a reply to message #11746] Mon, 24 September 2007 21:19 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
piratalp is currently offline  piratalp
Promising Member
[quote title=luzr wrote on Mon, 24 September 2007 14:29]
Maybe you could also try some 3rd party theme / visuals...
[quote]

I don't understand, what themes do you want me to try?

Quote:

I do not get this. How are you using Values for chameleonization?

My (original) idea is that those Values just represent how things are about to be painted.

In this case you either put Images there, or you perhaps define your new Value and put those colors in it; it will then be interpreted by creating required gradient (if that is what you desire).

I definitely do not see a reason to add 8 Values per widget....

But maybe I just do not understand something....

Yes, you're not getting the whole picture, I know I can put anything into chameleon values to ChPaint widgets, and I'm really doing that, but using static images is not my way, I could just capture some screens, cut buttons, progress & scroll bars & so on and create a ctrl.iml but I don't like that, why? because they are STATIC, and they consume memory & executable space, what I prefer is to code how the skin work and provide a Palette to it, so it is indiferent to the skin system if you want to render things in black, blue, white, red or whatever flavor you want, that's impossible with any of current skins but not with ribbon..

So, why I was needing 8 values per widget? 4 values for the 4 states (Normal, Highlight, Pressed and Disabled) and 4 values for text colors of those 4 states, hope this is clear now, but.. the problem I found is that using this way the palette was storing actual "Values" passed to ChPaint, and that's WRONG, why? because if I store Values for ribbon skin use in it those values can't be used in other skins, also, using values was forcing me to define that 8 values combination for every widget chameleonized, that's why I dropped that idea & refactored ChPalette to store Colors, a set of basic face/highlight/pressed/disabled colors used for every widget except buttons, progress, scrollbars & other widgets that have very custom look in most skins..

Quote:

Quote:

struct ChPalette {
Color FaceLight;
Color FaceMedium;
Color FaceNormal;
Color FaceDark;
Color FaceBorder;
Color FaceText;
}

Hope it is more clear now...

Well, convert this to Value (e.g. RawToValue) and provide ChPaint ... Smile

Mirek

Yes, that's what I do Wink

Bests,
Mauricio

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: progress bar not chameleonized
Next Topic: How can I change the background color of my Upp app?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:10:59 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02000 seconds