FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » Look and Chameleon Technology » Office Ribbon skin
Re: Any function to draw gradient color? [message #11783 is a reply to message #11752] Tue, 25 September 2007 19:56 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
piratalp is currently offline  piratalp
Promising Member
luzr wrote on Mon, 24 September 2007 18:56

uxtheme.dll patch and e.g. try MacOSX theme for XP and investigate what happens to Office toolbars.. Smile

Ahh, now I understand, yes, I tried and it works ok, upp also reflects this change Smile

Quote:

Actually, I was rather thinking about generating the images by chameleon code. Resizing images is quite fast, maybe faster than e.g. generating gradients. BTW, in both WinXP and GTK chameleon code, this is quite used option, because very often the theming engine does not contain things we need - e.g. scrollbar buttons without arrows (so that you can put something else into them).

In those cases, we are using various heurestics applied on images to get reasonable results...

Yes I thought about that more than once but it will still force to static color images initialized when skin is changed, what if user wants to change palette? what about custom style for just one widget? While I think this now I also think that in any case the user (end programmer) will need to call a function to set the style and its a matter of returning an image instead a gradient.. not bad idea, I need to code it and see what happens...

Quote:

Well, not really. It is still 4 Values for me... Smile

But perhaps we are speaking about the same thing...

4 values are for chpaint background, but you also have textcolor[4] for buttons, and it should be in menuitems too or you will end with light text over light bg or dark text over dark bg..

Quote:

Please, in order to make my stupid aging mind understand, what type you wanted to store into Value in this "WRONG" 4x4 attempt?

Mirek

Mirek, it's not what I was storing inside chameleon styles, it's what I was storing inside Palette, that was what complicated it all, I just changed Palette to store colors, not final Value for ChPaint, end style->Value holds exactly the same thing as before

Regards

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: progress bar not chameleonized
Next Topic: How can I change the background color of my Upp app?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:35:08 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02689 seconds