Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Libraries and TheIDE: i18n, Unicode and Internationalization » Spacing problems with FileSel...
Spacing problems with FileSel... [message #12244] Sun, 21 October 2007 15:47 Go to previous message
tvanriper is currently offline  tvanriper
I had built this little application for a fairly popular game played by an awful lot of Spanish folks. One of them was kind enough to translate the application for me.

During testing, I noticed the file dialog provided by Ultimate++ clipped some of the text for Spanish. As I took a closer look, I think I also saw that some text was clipped for English, too.

So, having put myself into the mood for it, I tried reorganizing the controls a little bit to help make it less likely for text to get clipped as you use different languages.

'Ctrl.zip' includes an updated .lay file that provides the results of my work.

The I18NCtrlLayoutTest.zip file provides a way to test the layout of the FileSel dialog (in its three invocations), the color palette, and the printer preferences. On Windows, this won't actually show the Ultimate++ layout for the printer preferences... I put it in for the folks who want to try it out on Linux. At least, I think it's supposed to work in Linux; I can't seem to compile anything on my Linux machine at the moment, so I can't test this.

The test program also serves an example for the following useful things to know how to do with Ultimate++:

1. Iterate over the set of languages known to the toolkit.
2. Acquire the native description of a language known to the toolkit.
3. Dynamically change languages while an application is running.
4. Dynamically create a menu with callbacks that have arguments assigned while creating the menu.

The test program also shows how well the particular dialogs were internationalized. Folks speaking the supported languages can examine the dialogs for problems.

Ironically, the test application is not, itself, internationalized. Perhaps that's a todo item... but I don't know any other languages well enough to feel comfortable providing the translations myself.

[Updated on: Sun, 21 October 2007 15:49]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: how to Internationalize my app?
Next Topic: U++ Turkish translation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:17:54 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01365 seconds