Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Extra libraries, Code snippets, applications etc. » C++ language problems and code snippets » Template problem
Re: Template problem [message #14284 is a reply to message #14266] Thu, 21 February 2008 17:38 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
bytefield is currently offline  bytefield
Experienced Member
OK. I know now about overloading function, that's way I've commented one out. But the problem still remain first catch (with out_of_range) and how out_of_range exception is raised in g++ STL implementation. In MS STL implementation (who in past was worse than g++ STL) it compile well. Seems g++ don't recognize such an exception. That's why I've asked which compiler others use.
Expected type-specifier before 'out_of_range' means that out_of_range need to be of some type(and seems it's not). If it is Standard Template Library shouldn't it work in the same way on each platform or compiler which come with such implementation?
If out_of_range exception is implemented in MSC STL and even Bjarne Stroustrup (which guess use a unix os Laughing ) spoken in his book(from where I've got this example) about it, shouldn't it be available on all STL impl.? (Well, guess Bjarne use his own version of compiler. Smile )

cdabbd745f1234c2751ee1f932d1dd75

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Try / catch