FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » Releasing U++ » Final release
Re: Final release [message #16993 is a reply to message #16991] Thu, 24 July 2008 18:55 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mdelfede is currently offline  mdelfede
Ultimate Contributor
guido wrote on Thu, 24 July 2008 17:52

mdelfede wrote on Thu, 24 July 2008 17:29

guido wrote on Thu, 24 July 2008 17:20

Debian is now considered esoteric around here?

Thanks, for nothing, asshole!

Bye!

As some (by luck seldom) idiots out there, you maybe think that an opensource project means that you get work of other people for free without giving back anything.
Well, much better you'll go somewhere else, then.

And, to be more clear, I DON'T think debian is esotheric, I'm just doing a FREE job because I LIKE to do it and because I LIKE to share it with others. That doesn't mean that i MUST do anything.
What I think is really esotheric is your damaged brain.

Bye

Max

You can read my name in the About TheIDE box. Though I'm a bit embarassed for it, as my contribution was very minor back then. Wouldn't complain if it was taken out now.
I have done my fair share of contributions to various parts of the Linux stack, don't worry. As a FOSS contributor you should commit to some responsibility for your work. At least try not to waste other people's time gratitously. Or else don't complain, when they say Linux is only free when your time has no value.

Anyway, don't take it too personal. That was a scream of frustration. Upp targets primarly mISV. Now if we can't manage to deploy upp itself, how is there any hope at all, developers will be able to deploy their apps with it? What is the point of a Linux port then, other as a toy for college kids?
This lame ass attitude is why Linux is stuck at 1% solid.

Sorry pal Confused

Well, ok Smile
I'm a bit nervous too... too much work (real life one, and it's not programming).
BTW, I'm contributing too to linux, well, better said to wine development, with some (very) small patches. I do it because I like it and because I see some usefulness on it, we got autocad working on wine and that one IS useful for my job too Smile

BTW, back to upp... I'm involved on it because I like it and I do in my spare time, which is becoming very very scarce, lately.
So, for me it's impossible to build other than 64 bit ubuntu and, thanx to bytefield, we've got 32 bit ubuntu maintained too, and to others for windows daily builds.
That said, my build scripts, which contains all dependencies, are on svn. If you have a solution about dependencies on Lenny, you can patch the script for it and we can put on svn too.
Maybe somebody will take care of daily Lenny builds.

Max

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message