FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » Releasing U++ » Compiling 32-bit on 64-bit Linux
Re: Compiling 32-bit on 64-bit Linux [message #17058 is a reply to message #17046] Sat, 26 July 2008 19:46 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mdelfede is currently offline  mdelfede
Ultimate Contributor
luzr wrote on Sat, 26 July 2008 14:48

Actually, it is much easier than I thought... Smile

The trick is to add " -m32" to the "Compiler name" in build methods. This switches the compiler (and linker) to 32-bit mode.

A little bit harder part is installing missing libraries. For this to happen, make sure to add "/usr/lib32" to your Libraries paths in build method and then perhaps the best is to install U++ on 32-bit system (e.g. another partition) and to copy missing libraries from it. Tedious process, but should work. (I must admit I tested only with console app I need for work).

Whether you can package 32-bit .debs on 64-bit system is just another question Smile

Mirek

No need to install 32 bit ubuntu... There are some a 32 bit compatibility package on ubuntu that installs all 32 bit libraries.
Well.. I don't know which of them are needed, but if you do a
sudo apt-get build-dep wine

I guess you'll have all what you need. That one installs all build dependencies for wine package, whic is a 32 bit one and uses, I think, about 90% of libraries Smile

Ciao

Max

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: how to make my own PPA for Ubuntu?
Next Topic: Open Build Service
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 06:31:30 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01860 seconds