Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » About Linux distros and incompatibilty...
Re: Final release [message #17009 is a reply to message #17002] Thu, 24 July 2008 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Zardos is currently offline  Zardos
guido wrote on Thu, 24 July 2008 21:11

The blame should have gone to the people, who make it so hard for you to provide a widely working package, in the first place.

Sorry again! This should be a day to celebrate Razz

After eight years of Linux use, it is getting hard to tolerate these things any longer. People like me are starting to give up and go Mac for their desktop needs. Many have left already.
I'm flirting with Solaris, so as not having to leave my comfort zone completely. But fear it is too focused on the big enterprisy stuff, to become usefull as a regular desktop.

EXACTLY! I try to use Linux as my primary Desktop OS since so many years... But especially the package management systems are such a complete bullshit. Never ever will Linux catch up on the Desktop as long as there are no commercial Apps. And there will never be commercial Apps because nobody can package for zillions of distros. OSS projects can not package for all the distros, too.
And I really would like to switch to Linux completely. I was probably one of the first 1000 Linux Users, have hacked the kernel to make my IO-Cards working.

Well I'm seriously considering a Mac, too.

- Ralf

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: UPP SW deployment
Next Topic: Win32 UPP console application profiling? Some free easy to use tools, anyone?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 21:40:04 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02441 seconds