Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » Win32 UPP console application profiling? Some free easy to use tools, anyone?
Win32 UPP console application profiling? Some free easy to use tools, anyone? [message #17140] Wed, 30 July 2008 21:22 Go to previous message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
I would love to have "profiling" directly in TheIDE, but there's no such thing. Very Happy

The RTIMING (?) macro is nice when you know which part you want to attack, but I'm missing some way to measure all relevant code together and compare it in absolute/relative numbers to know which parts are slowing me down badly, down to every single function calls, preferably down to template based functions. Smile

I was able to switch on the MSC profiling data which can be used for profiler-based compilation next time (does not interest me yet, maybe later), but the data itself are binary and I don't have idea how to view them. The file extension is pcg which is also used for some "photo CD" files, so I was unable to google anything reasonable for this one.

For GCC (MINGW) I did notice something like "gprof" mentioned on google, but it's not included with UPP MINGW, and I didn't dig further into the issue.

So, anyone has some real life experience with UPP apps profiling, and knows some free easy to use tools? Preferably for Win32, although some excellent tool for linux would made me reboot. Wink

[Updated on: Wed, 30 July 2008 21:23]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: About Linux distros and incompatibilty...
Next Topic: A Newbie Manual cum Tutorial?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:58:29 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01183 seconds