Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ MT-multithreading and servers » Socket in a sock
icon5.gif  Socket in a sock [message #17511] Tue, 19 August 2008 00:09 Go to previous message
Paco is currently offline  Paco
I am a new in Upp and tryng to adapt current running application VBdevelopped tu U++. The programm is a simple telnet client application. I can create a client socket, initialize connection an read the server answer. Until now everything is correct but now the client socket has to be continuosly listenning to the server and everytime data arrives it has to be extracted to update a string and displayed in a DocEdit widget. My question is : How can I implement such an application ? Has the socket an event that is fired the same moment data arrives ?? . Do I need to create a thread to continuosly read the socket ? maybe a timer with a callback?
I read all forum topics where a socket is involved and got no solution Any example code out there ? The application is a RadioAmateur programm and the socket is listening to server continuosly, the server send blocks of data called "spots".
Any help is very appreciated. Thank you very much..... Rolling Eyes

Read Message icon5.gif
Read Message
Read Message icon3.gif
Read Message
Previous Topic: sending post message
Next Topic: Socket documentation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 16:19:54 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00942 seconds