Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Extra libraries, Code snippets, applications etc. » U++ users applications in progress and useful code snippets, including reference examples! » Collaborative U++ Projects
Collaborative U++ Projects [message #18268] Fri, 19 September 2008 16:14 Go to previous message
captainc is currently offline  captainc
Experienced Member
I think we need to get a few Open Source applications made with U++ out there. And I think U++ developers should collaborate on some projects together (good development collaboration practice!). I have 2 ideas for applications to work on:

1. Hierarchically Structured Digital Notebook
- Think of it as a digital version of an x-subject notebook. Top level sections, each with sub-sections. We can use Tab control and/or tree-view. The notebook can have full capabilities of UWord.
- T++ integration by being able to link to other notebook pages/sections (wiki-style).
- Optional features: note synchronization, math calculation integration, password protection / encrypted notes.

2. E-mail client
- POP, IMAP, and SMTP support
- Filters
- Address Book
- RSS Feeds (with our new handy RssCtrl!)
- Calendar -> maybe separate project (Since Thunderbird development has halted, why not create something in its place?)

Any other ideas?

The beauty of U++ is that these application could be portable and cross-platform. It won't have many dependencies. We could post on PortableApps.com and all that.

Let's create some teams, work together, and make 1 or 2 applications that really show off U++'s power! Who's in?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Windows Systray examples needed
Next Topic: Trouble iterrating over VectorMap<String, String> - general StoreIniFile
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 06:21:15 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.06645 seconds