Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ TheIDE and Library: Releases and ChangeLogs » Painter
Re: Painter [message #19803 is a reply to message #19761] Thu, 22 January 2009 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Tom1
Senior Contributor
Hi,

Good work with the Painter, Mirek! The interface to various features is very nice once one gets to know it.

Now I would like to know the road-map of the Painter development. (Maybe I have missed it somewhere else in the forum??) Is this new interface something that will be introduced for hardware based rendering too (entirely or partly) or is this only for the software based Painter?

I did some quick benchmarking of the Painter versus Draw and found that the cost of using the Painter instead of Draw is about 10x..20x slowdown for rendering strokes. The fills are not that slow, but they still do not match the speed of Draw. I may well be dead wrong, but I guess the main reason for the huge slowdown is the anti-aliasing. Is there a way to disable anti-aliasing to speed up the rendering at the cost of quality? (I wish there was. Actually, I wish it could be turned on and off on-the-fly.)

My application is very sensitive to speed and anti-aliasing is usually not required. However, the dashed line styles (with great flexibility in Painter, I might add) is what I have been waiting to get for Draw for quite some time now.

Anyway, great stuff!

Best regards,

Tom

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message