FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » Constructive Ctiticism
Constructive Ctiticism [message #22704] Thu, 06 August 2009 17:09 Go to previous message
pveach1 is currently offline  pveach1
Promising Member
I have been playing with Upp for a few weeks now and have formed some opinions which I would like to share.

theIDE does not compile the file in the editor. It just says it does. It should compile the file in the editor whether it is in a nest or not. Note that this does not require tracking whether the file is "Dirty" or not. Pressing a compile button should "force" a compile of that file reguardless of its state.

On another subject, I have been trying to get some special effects into my program. Currently I am using Win32 API directly to implement animations and transparency. It occured to me that most C++ libraries just implement (re-implement) the same basic controls. It would be nice if U++ had an FX (Special Effects) package that dealt with these issues rather than each of us "Rolling our own" FX package. This would make it easier to implement Animated or Skinned controls like toasters, layered and masked windows, etc.

U++ already has strong GUI support, a good FX package with Advanced Controls would give it Superior GUI support.

Overall a great effort, Ultimate++ developers deserve an A++.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Google Chrome Operative System
Next Topic: Win 7 and TheIDE recompile
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:16:30 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04500 seconds