FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » UppHub » Leptonica library support
Leptonica library support [message #23004] Sun, 06 September 2009 18:12 Go to previous message
mdelfede is currently offline  mdelfede
Ultimate Contributor
Hi,

I started the porting to UPP of Leptonica image library ( http://www.leptonica.com/ ).

The library provides many high-level raster operations on almost all pixel formats, like morphing, blending, pattern finding, document layout recognition and much more.

The library in bazaar by now wraps just a small amount of Leptonica functions, as the list is really huge, and will be extended in time.

There are 2 packages plus a test application :

PixRaster package : provides PixRaster class wich encapsulates PIX and PIXA Leptonica images and array of images.
It's a multipaged raster class, similar of MemoryRaster, but with many extensions.
Documenting is in progress (almost) with the function wrapping.

PixRasterCtrl package : provides PixRasterCtrl control, which (similar to RasterCtrl for StreamRaster class) provides display and more of Pixraster objects.

The test application demonstrates the usage of both; by now it duplicates just one of the huge amount of examples of Leptonica library, but it'll be extended too.
The example demonstrates background line removal, i.e. the "cleaning" of a scanned drawing originally drawn on a paper with horizontal lines. It uses deskewing of image (elimination of page rotation during scanning process), gray morphing and mask blending, with a really nice result.

On next days I'll add an example about document layout recognition, i.e. the separation of graphic and text parts of a scanned document.

Please beware, the porting has just begun, so it's surely not bug-free nor complete.
If somebody wants to help me with extending the lib/docs is wellcome !

Ciao

Max

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: PlotCtrl revisited
Next Topic: Simple app-wide "macros"