Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » My new OSS project...
My new OSS project... [message #24172] Thu, 31 December 2009 13:30 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
I have registered a new project on GoogleCode:

http://code.google.com/p/genai/

It is supposed to be the platform for experimenting with "evolving" or "selfemerging" AI. Most likely, it will lead nowhere, but I am quite a believer in possibility of Strong AI in near future (20-30 years) and I would like to try some things myself...

Of course, the code is for U++ Smile

There is so far only one interesting package, "Gen3", and in fact, it is more funny than anything else.

It tries to "evolve" algorithm for white dots that are moving and eating green dots... (And to make it more fun, sometimes some white dots convert to red dot predators, eating white dots )

(Note: the basic result/failure of experiment is that dots do not seem to evolve reactions on sensory input. Instead, they do evolve very complex movement patterns that seem to replace the need for sensory inputs. Well, uhm, I suppose that is how evolution is supposed to work, after all)

In future, I am planning on "Pac-Man" experiment - trying to find some ways to implement AI capable to evolve engine capable learning to play various variants of the game. We will see...

Mirek

[Updated on: Thu, 31 December 2009 13:32]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Something relevant...