Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » Look and Chameleon Technology » upp-x11-src-1965.tar.gz and compiling under Debian Lenny
upp-x11-src-1965.tar.gz and compiling under Debian Lenny [message #24714] Thu, 28 January 2010 16:10 Go to previous message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
I tried to compile sources in fresh install of Debian Lenny (in virtualbox) with KDE 3.5, adding packages 1 by 1 until make finished successfully. (starting with "build-essentials" to have make)
After adding couple of libs it compiled ok, make install did work just as readme predicted, so it's ok.
As some newbie to [C++, compilation with make, linux] I would be maybe in quite a trouble, to recognize that I'm missing dev libraries, and to find the proper library package in Synaptics (default package manager) just from #include error message. For me it was very straightforward and easy, but maybe we should include some list of needed packages for most common distros.

I tried to compile several example/reference/uppsrc packages to see if I will hit default "all static" build method, but it didn't happen anywhere, all the time just "SHARED" (OK).

I found some minor problems with SqlCommander (wrong case in include, and linking asking for libmysql even when NOMYSQL flag is used), adding patch to fix it.

And at last, I'm attaching two open file dialogues, 1st is from U++ DbfView, other from native KWrite app.
I understand why U++ is not using native controls in such cases, but the visual difference is quite big AND the U++ dialog looks quite bad, including some little graphics glitches:

index.php?t=getfile&id=2189&private=0

vs

index.php?t=getfile&id=2190&private=0

Maybe in such case (the U++ look is far from native widgets) the U++ should instead of bad native mimicking switch to it's best theme (probably some from windows world?) and stick to it.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message