Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » ArrayCtrl, HeaderCtrl & GridCtrl » GridCtrl large data set from DB
GridCtrl large data set from DB [message #25324] Wed, 17 February 2010 09:50 Go to previous message
lokki is currently offline  lokki
Promising Member
Hello.

I'm using a GridCtrl in my app to display, search and edit data from the database and starting having problems as the amount of data grows. I believe it's caused by a bad design or bad usage of GridCtrl in my app.

In current implementation, the GridCtrl is filled by with all data from the DB table when window is displayed. I'm also using GridCtrl's search functionality to filter displayed data. The search however is getting really slow (search is immediate as I type into the default search input box in GridCtrl).

Do you have any suggestion on how to handle large data set in GridCtrl? How do you do that?

My idea is, that the GridCtrl won't be filled with all the data at the begining, but just with a subset, say limited to 100 records. The search will have to be overriden by a custom functionality, that it doesn't search the records in GridCtrl's memory, but that it calls a "like" query on the DB and display the output in GridCtrl.

Would that be a good approach or do you have a better idea? I just don't like storing all the data from the database table in the GridCtrl memory, while the amount of data is growing.

Thanks in advance

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Cells appearance and text alignment
Next Topic: Calculate needed cell width to fit some text
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 00:09:50 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03182 seconds