FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » Upp application and CPU on Linux
Upp application and CPU on Linux [message #26104] Thu, 01 April 2010 14:09 Go to previous message
lokki is currently offline  lokki
Promising Member
Hello,

I have probably a stupid question and didn't find a proper place where to put it.

I have made some observation of my apps running on Linux (Ubuntu and Debian) and found out that even if I compile an application consisting just of an empty window, it takes approx. 5% of CPU all the time it is running (no matter if it's minimized or not). It also takes a bit more if it's focused.

I didn't encounter such issue (if this could be considered an issue Smile) on same upp application compiled on Win XP.

Also an reference "empty window application" done in QT4 on the same linux instance doesn't "eat" CPU at all. It's 0% unless you start moving the window or moving and clicking the mouse over the window.

Did anyone encounter this? Should this be considered as feature/error or is something wrong with my X? (I can't imagine how it would be to run concurrently e.g. 10 apps created by upp on such linux machine)

Thanks.

Edit: this is not April joke Smile

[Updated on: Thu, 01 April 2010 15:17]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Sharing and Locking
Next Topic: Back to coding