Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ Webs: Functioning, Layout , Design, Features and Structure of these forums, homepage etc. » Index page translation
Re: Index page translation [message #26466 is a reply to message #26463] Wed, 05 May 2010 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi Koldo!
I'll take care about the Czech translation. I was planning to translate the website anyways... Even though Czech is not a world-wide language I think there is quite high ratio of Czechs in our community, especially between the core developers Smile

BTW: It would be nice if we could display the index page in users preferred language (as configured in the browser). Technical details: Browser sends HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE header, which contains an array of languages with their priorities. We should serve the best one available or use English as fallback. Unfortunately, it would require a little changes to uppweb. The easiest way to do it (AFAIK) would be a simple php wrapper (i.e. load index.php that would just choose the correct language and serve index$xx-yy.html). It could be probably done on the apache level as well, but I don't have the skills. It could be also done using javascript on client side, but that would be buggy and ugly.

Best regards,
Honza

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: No links on functions/widgets lists
Next Topic: other languages corner in the forum ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 14:31:19 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05782 seconds