Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » Draw, Display, Images, Bitmaps, Icons » Drawing / Painter Difference,Usage,Manual
Drawing / Painter Difference,Usage,Manual [message #27084] Fri, 25 June 2010 00:10 Go to previous message
kohait00 is currently offline  kohait00
Experienced Contributor
hi all,

its quite a while now i have read about Drawing redesign down in Upp core. whats all about it? there is almost no information available about Painter compared to Draw / Drawing, again the big picture is missing..

the Draw tutorial does only explain the basics, but some expert info would be great as well Smile. The class reference does not talk much about Painter..

There is this PaintingExamples package, with a checkbox "Paint through Painting".. what is it for. is Painter an alternative way, accelerated, favorised to Draw?

concerning the whole Painter / Drawing stuff, basic questions are (including some things i believe to have found out a bit)

1) What is Draw (interface class for performing all kind of drawing)

2) What is Drawing (a target for Draw operations for vector images received and applied by DrawingDraw??)

3) What is Image (a target for Draw operations for raster images received and applied by ImageDraw??, readonly)

4) What is ImageBuffer (a writeable Image ??)

5) What is SystemDraw (an system dependant implementation of Draw interface, related to Image / ImageBuffer, which is the base for drawing of a TopWindow

6) What is a TopWindow (a basic system dependant window unit handling the message queue for peripherial events, and managing one/the static SystemDraw??)

7) What is a Painter then and how does it fit in all that? i've seen it deriving from Draw, why?

8 ) What is a BufferPainter, a ImagePainter, DrawPainter, what is the difference to ImageDraw, DrawingDraw, (ImagePainter is a BufferPainter and has got ImageBuffer, DrawPainter is also an ImagePainter and has got a Draw, BufferPainter has ImageBuffer in it etc.. wooosh..a diagram is best for that..with some short descriptions what ist what for.

etc..

i know lots of questions, but this is to show where the questions of a semi experienced Upp user go wnating to dig deeper in Upp.

some ideas / the big picture would make life easier for
thanks in advance..

PS: i know documentation is hard work, coding is more fun, but great work needs some good doku..

[Updated on: Mon, 24 January 2011 12:52] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: How to save drawing as an image
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:45:06 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01247 seconds