FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ SQL » transactions and sql
transactions and sql [message #27860] Sat, 07 August 2010 01:20 Go to previous message
mtdew3q is currently offline  mtdew3q
Experienced Member

hi-

I'd like to use Firebird. I saw where that is probably possible with oledb. I think as long as there is a session I can do similar things to Postgres, MySql, etc.

My question is before proceeding is how do people handle transactions? In the manual tutorials and docs I didn't see any mention of it and I thought that it was strange as they were client/server db. If someone could tell me if it was available and in general where to look for tips that would be cool.

I can't get over how much easier the tutorials for this looked than IBPP. I noticed people mentioned the use of that for Firebird and that is the reason I am wondering. With IBPP you would might specify things like wait/no wait, snapshot (concurrency), write transaction and wrap the db code in a transaction. Or you could use something like read committed, no wait, read transaction if it was a select statement. Those are from memory. I hope the logic is ok.

I am going to try this new keyboard at home at work. I think it is the microsoft 4000. I hope IT looks the other way when I install it. I will ask the tech if he can not see me install it, so I dont have to cut through red tape to get my new keyboard.

have a very cool weekend -

Thanks,
3rdshiftcoder

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: How to make complex indexes?
Next Topic: Prefix to prevent name clash in SQL: SqlId, variables, tables, ...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:46:35 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04837 seconds