Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Library : Other (not classified elsewhere) » HttpClient Execute vs ExecuteRedirect
HttpClient Execute vs ExecuteRedirect [message #28900] Fri, 24 September 2010 20:36 Go to previous message
nixnixnix is currently offline  nixnixnix
Hi,

I have a full trial version of my software that calls home as part of its weak protection scheme (clients know). However, one of my customers has some sort of fancy firewall that blocks requests from my app but not the same request when from a browser.

In order to get around this I tried using ExecuteRedirect instead of Execute but that makes my software hang on their system.

What does ExecuteRedirect do please? Also, does that sound right that it just hangs like that? Is there something I can do that will get around this kind of packet filtering or failing that will return and not cause the software to hang please?

For now I am going to just use Execute instead as it appears that if it can't get through then there is no getting through. Perhaps I am using ExecuteRedirect wrong?

BTW I did look for forum posts and documentation on this class but couldn't find any.

Obviously it is pointless trying to submit a test case for this.

Thanks,

Nick

EDIT: what happens when the packets are just swallowed and nothing comes back? Is there a timeout?

[Updated on: Mon, 27 September 2010 18:25]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: problem with fprintf
Next Topic: Changing mouse shape
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 12:01:00 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01813 seconds