FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » Clang now fully supports U++
Clang now fully supports U++ [message #29144] Thu, 07 October 2010 12:51 Go to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi everyone!

Few days ago new version of LLVM was released. Since the release notes claimed that clang compiler now fully supports C++ standards, I decided to give it a try and see if it is mature enough to digest the complicated internals of U++.

Here is what I found:
There are some minor glitches, but mostly very easy to solve. I will soon post patched files. It will be probably just a few lines. For example it doesn't like something in the __BREAK__ statement (but that is only in debug mode) or missing some constructors for classes used with GLOBAL_VAR macro. I successfully compiled some of the example apps (wc,UWord,...) and also TheIDE. And as we all know, if it compiles TheIDE, it'll compile pretty much anything Wink

I really appreciate the verbosity of this compiler and I think even the compilation times are little shorter then gcc (that is just my feeling, I did not measure it). In my opinion it is definitely worthed to use it and to ensure U++ is compatible.

Best regards,
Honza

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: What is the biggest website design and devloper company?
Next Topic: Anybody still knowing anyone using Win98?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:06:44 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01252 seconds