Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » Using BLITZ in release mode
Re: Using BLITZ in release mode [message #29410 is a reply to message #29379] Tue, 19 October 2010 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi Novo,
Sorry it took me so long to answer. I had to read theide sources to figure out which of those two ways to set BLITZ mode does what.

I believe that you were right about "Build method" -> "Use Blitz" being default which is overwritten by the "Output mode" setting. If I understand right, the catch is that the default value from build method is actually only used once, when first creating the output mode dialog. Since the dialog contents are saved and loaded again next time and the blitz value in output mode has a bigger priority it probably results in always using the value from "Output mode".

I hope I understood it right. It looks to me like a little design flaw, maybe it should be fixed. This setting should be probably only in the output mode dialog, as it allows finer settings (per package) and removed from "Build methods". This thing is quite complicated (both for user and in the sources) and might cause confusion.

Anyway, for short: Setting the blitz usage in "Output mode" dialog should be always working, regardless of the state of the "Build methods" default.

Honza

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Can't build SMTP example under VS2012