FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » Portable U++ installation
Portable U++ installation [message #29730] Wed, 10 November 2010 22:52 Go to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi everyone!

I am thinking about making a portable installation of U++ on usb stick. My idea is to have U++ sources + theide + MinGW, which is basically the common windows setup, which should be portable enough as it is.

Additionally, I would like to have also MSC - I've heard it is possible to just copy the right directory to make it work in wine, so I would presume it will be similar for portable version.

Furthermore, I am thinking on how to create a portable Linux version. Easiest way would be probably to copy all the dynamically linked libs on the flash drive as well, to assure compatibility on any system. I won't bother with portable gcc of course, that is available almost everywhere.

Have anyone already tried something like that already? If yes, do you have any hints? Also, if I succeed at this, do you think someone would be interested in such "portable development kit"? If yes, I would consider to make it available for download somewhere (without MSC, to avoid legal issues) and/or publish here a complete how-to.

Bet regards,
Honza

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon7.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: How will upcoming Mir impact Ultimate++?
Next Topic: Is there a lawyer in the house?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:45:09 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.07151 seconds