Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » FileSel&FileList, Path » FileSel has classic Windows look since r2848
FileSel has classic Windows look since r2848 [message #29797] Wed, 17 November 2010 20:44 Go to previous message
frankdeprins is currently offline  frankdeprins
The latest additions to the FileSel component (r2848) have resulted in a problem on Windows (Vista). The file open dialog now looks native (so far no problem), but it has the classic, unthemed, windows look instead of the modern Vista look.
If I comment out the additions done in this revision to FileSel.cpp, the themed look is restored. Frankly, looking at the code, I have no idea why that is. The call to GestSystemMetrics, perhaps?

Added 2010-11-18: Hmm, weird; on Windows 7 commenting out the added code does not solve the issue. Were there more changes done that affect the file selector than those in FileSel.cpp? To be honest; I liked the non-native Ultimate look better. Is this change of look also a result of r2848 (I do not follow every single revision)?

Aha; got it. So there is FileSel and FileSelector. Aren't we spoiled. So, for the Ultimate look I need FileSel and for an (almost) native look, I need FileSelector.
Can anyone enlighten me why these two exist? Why not have one and have a flag 'SetNativeLook' or so. The situation now is pretty confusing.

[Updated on: Thu, 18 November 2010 14:15]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: File Chooser closing
Next Topic: Little fix for FileSel::AddPlace
Goto Forum: