Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » Draw, Display, Images, Bitmaps, Icons » How does CtrlCore Image::Data::PaintImp work?
Re: How does CtrlCore Image::Data::PaintImp work? [message #30879 is a reply to message #30856] Thu, 27 January 2011 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
Thanks a lot, Mirek, for the answer which put me into deep thinking mode and exploring the possibilities.

Quote:

Hard to say, I would use 512 just like for X11. It is important to keep ResCount in sync though.

Having said all that, maybe all this approach is not the best one. Perhaps we should remove all "host platform hooks" from Image and simply provide a sort of cache only in SystemDraw, based on Image serial id.

I believe this is doable even now for MacOSX - all you need is to simply not use any of ResData, ResCount, SysRelease etc..

This was similar to what I was thinking about for the simple reason that the current approach looked too complicated to me Smile
Another problem for us from MacOSX is that CoreGraphics is like Cairo or Upp Painter but just implemented as a layer on top of OpenGL.

index.php?t=getfile&id=3062&private=0

Maybe we should put Upp Painter on top of mac's OpenGL or..?
Btw, google's chrome for mac uses OpenGL.

I think, I need more info about the rainbow...
Ideas?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Look for RasterPlayer Ctrl
Next Topic: Painter bug?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 09:11:53 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02779 seconds