Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Layout (Forms) Designer » Designer: Tutorial for beginners
Re: Designer: Tutorial for beginners [message #2528 is a reply to message #2522] Sun, 16 April 2006 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
gprentice is currently offline  gprentice
Experienced Member
Quote:

First of all, this demonstrates how to use Ultimate++ templates and the Designer in hard and not effective ways...
Count all the steps required. And then try:
1. start with "CtrlLib application with main window" with the default option...
2. And after you insert any widget (e.g Button) on the layout you don't need to use Ctrl_T to assign names - you can do that by entering your name next to the widget type...
3. Run it.

But in general Luigi's case just shows that new users are not that clever that could use Ultimate++ effectively with the current state of documentation, examples and... templates, and maybe macros.
And this, Luigi's, kind of tutorials are needed or even better with something like Macromedia's Flash (I had thinking how to make similar with U++... )

Well I dislike "active" information and I try hard to keep macromedia flash off my PC. I think Luigi's tutorial is excellent and I think most people would realise the widget names can be entered in the designer, but perhaps this could be added to the tutorial.

If you want to make an "active" tutorial and have lots of bandwidth Cool perhaps you could do it like this

http://www.slickedit.com/content/view/353/217

(This URL gives error 404 in Mozilla but it's ok in Internet Explorer.)

Graeme

[Updated on: Sun, 16 April 2006 23:15]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message icon1.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message