Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » SOLVED - When I try to do the exe on computer I get has encountered a problem
icon14.gif  SOLVED - When I try to do the exe on computer I get has encountered a problem [message #32721] Fri, 03 June 2011 20:07 Go to previous message
silverx is currently offline  silverx
I created a couple of programs. I can run them on the vista machine I created the program, and then when I try on another computer running XP SP3, they run fine, but if I try and run them on yet another computer also running XP SP2, but I upgraded to SP3 as well it gives me:

xxx.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Send Error Report, or Don't Send.

While I can see the data that it has with the I can't copy it to even send to any one. The data doesn't stay around long enough for me to even copy it.

I have attached the code, and the exe in a zip file. This is a stripped down system information example to just get a few simple items and put in a prompt box to view the information.

Is there anything I can do to make it easier to find the issue on the one system that my programs are not working?

The simple gui01 does work on it just fine, as I did try that on the machine.

I did try it on a windows 7 system, and they did run fine. I only have limited access to the windows 7 system as it is strictly remote access and not very fast.

Thanks

David

[Updated on: Sat, 04 June 2011 16:18]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message icon14.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon7.gif
Read Message
Read Message