Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » Mac OS » after rev3936 - Minimum things to compile and/or run ide/uppsrc under OSX11
after rev3936 - Minimum things to compile and/or run ide/uppsrc under OSX11 [message #33959] Fri, 30 September 2011 23:17 Go to previous message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
1. Patches (attached). I don't know if these are the best solutions, but
1.1 In order to compile uppsrc on Mac OS X, Core/Defs.h needs isnan problem solution. I used std::isnan. Sadly, the opened the topic didn't produce the required result to the sources... and I don't have access to the Core.

1.2 As well, to compile ide and plugin/ndisasm snsprintf snsprintf problem needed solution. I used #define _FORTIFY_SOURCE 0 in compiler.h. But maybe the problem "how unsafe are "safe" printf family and vice versa?" should be discussed first? Ideas?
1.3 In the zip I also included a patch which enables opening ide output directory (can't remember should work for all cases using ide/Common?) with Finder. Use of X11/xdg File manager would need optional settings added, but I don't think someone urgently needs/wants xdg on Mac.

2 For users - Minimum requirements for ide and other upp progs to WORK under OSX11:
2.1 Don't use apple-wm for now. You will not see menus. Use openbox or awesome wm (tested).
2.2 if you can't start/compile/link some upp progs, use separate let's say GCC_i386_xxx.bm and GCC_x86_64_xxx.bm and put architecture flags inside them.
2.3 to not overwrite your compiled out dirs, when you compile for different architecture, use ide flags, too. such as "GUI X64 .NOGTK"

----
3 For developers- Considerations and todo:
3.1 ide editor, find, add file to package etc. to recognise *.mm (soon…, ok I am preparing the patches. cos ...)
3.2 i386 x86_64 and out dirs problem. On Mac you can compile for both architectures. I am using different i386 x86_64 upp builders (.bm files) and combining them with flags, because to choose a flag is not enough and to choose a builder is not enough. That's annoying. Should add different .bm to the distribution (easier?) and then CPU architecture flags should be set automatically from builder? or builder flags from building flags? Other ideas?
3.3 more ide settings for min, max, ios etc. SDK version? or again, using separate bm files? 2 x arch x n, estimating above?
3.4 I am quite sure that in the current uppsrc, flag __APPLE__ should replace many of PLATFORM_OSX11, except where X11 is used, Generally, __APPLE__ = (PLATFORM_OSX11 or PLATFORM_COCOA) ? also not forgetting OBJC and maybe NEXT_STEP/GNUSTEP...

P.S. Sorry, Mirek, I have tried to commit ndisasm many times, but... Can you check the problem, please?

Edit: topic name grammar...

[Updated on: Fri, 30 September 2011 23:42]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Solution howto enable upp Multithreading with TLS on MacOSX.
Next Topic: U++ TheIde compiles and runs on pure Cocoa (video) 85% of U++ port done. 2months+-1 left, ifs...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:11:53 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.69487 seconds