FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Core » ParseXML intermittent crash
ParseXML intermittent crash [message #35656] Sun, 11 March 2012 01:25 Go to previous message
nixnixnix is currently offline  nixnixnix
I am trying to use ParseXML to well parse some XML. I find that most of the time it works fine but sometimes it eats up 2GB of RAM and then crashes out with out of memory.

When I try to debug it this never happens. Only when I build as optimal or speed not debug.

Does anybody else get this? I find that especially when I try to parse several files one after the other it almost always crashes but again not in debug mode.

I've commented out all my code and it is definitely ParseXML which is doing something bad. I suspect it is something to do with the recursive structure of XML. It would be good if I could tell it to only go to so many levels. That way, I could try it once and if it fails start over and try again.

I use the same 7 XML files every time and get different results.

Any ideas as to what I could try to hunt down the cause?

Nick

EDIT: I have anonymised my data files and I still get the crash. Here is the package and the data files which crash it. I am pretty sure it is infinite recursion but I don't understand exactly what sReadXmlNode() is doing as I don't really get the whole Node/Tag/PI distinction.

If you drag and drop the files in individually there is no problem usually However, if you grab them all or sometimes just a couple of them it will usually crash. Sometimes just dragging and dropping one file causes the crash.

Update: even weirder. Reordering the files in windows by type determines whether or not the crash happens. WTF!?!

[Updated on: Wed, 14 March 2012 01:46]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Xmlize Null Color
Next Topic: how to check specific end tag in a xml file?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 12:24:17 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04059 seconds