Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Library : Other (not classified elsewhere) » Running a CtrlLib application "headless"
Re: Running a CtrlLib application "headless" [message #38601 is a reply to message #38548] Thu, 27 December 2012 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
nixnixnix is currently offline  nixnixnix
Hi Mirek,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you but I broke my Linux VM and had to set everything up again.

I am back to being able to build and run all variants of my software in the Ubuntu 64 based version of Mint Linux apart from the headless build which gives me the following link errors

----- OpenWind ( MT OCOE PRO AC CLIENT_MIT HEADLESS RAINBOW SKELETON NOGTK MAIN GCC SHARED LINUX POSIX ) (26 / 26)
Linking...
/home/nick/.upp/_out/trunk/CtrlCore/GCC.Ac.Client_Mit.Headless.Mt.Nogtk.Ocoe.Pro.Rainbow.Shared.Skeleton/CtrlCore.a(DrawX11.o): In function `Upp::BackDraw::Destroy()':
DrawX11.cpp:(.text._ZN3Upp8BackDraw7DestroyEv+0x1b): undefined reference to `XftDrawDestroy'
/home/nick/.upp/_out/trunk/CtrlCore/GCC.Ac.Client_Mit.Headless.Mt.Nogtk.Ocoe.Pro.Rainbow.Shared.Skeleton/CtrlCore.a(DrawX11.o): In function `Upp::SetClip(_XGC*, _XftDraw*, Upp::Vector<Upp::Rect_<int> > const&)':
DrawX11.cpp:(.text._ZN3Upp7SetClipEP4_XGCP8_XftDrawRKNS_6VectorINS_5Rect_IiEEEE+0x96): undefined reference to `XftDrawSetClipRectangles'
/home/nick/.upp/_out/trunk/CtrlCore/GCC.Ac.Client_Mit.Headless.Mt.Nogtk.Ocoe.Pro.Rainbow.Shared.Skeleton/CtrlCore.a(DrawX11.o): In function `Upp::BackDraw::Create(Upp::SystemDraw&, int, int)':
DrawX11.cpp:(.text._ZN3Upp8BackDraw6CreateERNS_10SystemDrawEii+0x9d): undefined reference to `XftDrawCreate'
/home/nick/.upp/_out/trunk/CtrlCore/GCC.Ac.Client_Mit.Headless.Mt.Nogtk.Ocoe.Pro.Rainbow.Shared.Skeleton/CtrlCore.a(DrawTextX11.o): In function `Upp::CreateXftFont(Upp::Font, int)':
DrawTextX11.cpp:(.text._ZN3Upp13CreateXftFontENS_4FontEi+0x15b): undefined reference to `XftFontMatch'
DrawTextX11.cpp:(.text._ZN3Upp13CreateXftFontENS_4FontEi+0x27a): undefined reference to `XftFontOpenPattern'
/home/nick/.upp/_out/trunk/CtrlCore/GCC.Ac.Client_Mit.Headless.Mt.Nogtk.Ocoe.Pro.Rainbow.Shared.Skeleton/CtrlCore.a(DrawTextX11.o): In function `Upp::GetXftFont(Upp::XftEntry*, Upp::Font, int)':
DrawTextX11.cpp:(.text._ZN3Upp10GetXftFontEPNS_8XftEntryENS_4FontEi+0x1c2): undefined reference to `XftFontClose'
/home/nick/.upp/_out/trunk/CtrlCore/GCC.Ac.Client_Mit.Headless.Mt.Nogtk.Ocoe.Pro.Rainbow.Shared.Skeleton/CtrlCore.a(DrawTextX11.o): In function `Upp::SystemDraw::DrawTextOp(int, int, int, unsigned short const*, U
	pp::Font, Upp::Color, int, int const*)':
DrawTextX11.cpp:(.text._ZN3Upp10SystemDraw10DrawTextOpEiiiPKtNS_4FontENS_5ColorEiPKi+0x391): undefined reference to `XftDrawString16'
DrawTextX11.cpp:(.text._ZN3Upp10SystemDraw10DrawTextOpEiiiPKtNS_4FontENS_5ColorEiPKi+0x564): undefined reference to `XftDrawCharSpec'
DrawTextX11.cpp:(.text._ZN3Upp10SystemDraw10DrawTextOpEiiiPKtNS_4FontENS_5ColorEiPKi+0x5a2): undefined reference to `XftDrawString16'
/home/nick/.upp/_out/trunk/CtrlCore/GCC.Ac.Client_Mit.Headless.Mt.Nogtk.Ocoe.Pro.Rainbow.Shared.Skeleton/CtrlCore.a(DrawTextX11.o): In function `Upp::XftGetGlyphInfoSys(Upp::Font, int)':
DrawTextX11.cpp:(.text._ZN3Upp18XftGetGlyphInfoSysENS_4FontEi+0x2a): undefined reference to `XftTextExtents16'
/home/nick/.upp/_out/trunk/CtrlCore/GCC.Ac.Client_Mit.Headless.Mt.Nogtk.Ocoe.Pro.Rainbow.Shared.Skeleton/CtrlCore.a(ImageX11.o): In function `Upp::SetSurface(Upp::SystemDraw&, int, int, int, int, Upp::RGBA const*
	)':
ImageX11.cpp:(.text._ZN3Upp10SetSurfaceERNS_10SystemDrawEiiiiPKNS_4RGBAE+0x55): undefined reference to `XRenderFindStandardFormat'
ImageX11.cpp:(.text._ZN3Upp10SetSurfaceERNS_10SystemDrawEiiiiPKNS_4RGBAE+0x6c): undefined reference to `XRenderCreatePicture'
ImageX11.cpp:(.text._ZN3Upp10SetSurfaceERNS_10SystemDrawEiiiiPKNS_4RGBAE+0x160): undefined reference to `XftDrawPicture'
ImageX11.cpp:(.text._ZN3Upp10SetSurfaceERNS_10SystemDrawEiiiiPKNS_4RGBAE+0x1aa): undefined reference to `XRenderComposite'
ImageX11.cpp:(.text._ZN3Upp10SetSurfaceERNS_10SystemDrawEiiiiPKNS_4RGBAE+0x1bb): undefined reference to `XRenderFreePicture'
/home/nick/.upp/_out/trunk/CtrlCore/GCC.Ac.Client_Mit.Headless.Mt.Nogtk.Ocoe.Pro.Rainbow.Shared.Skeleton/CtrlCore.a(ImageX11.o): In function `Upp::ImageSysData::~ImageSysData()':
ImageX11.cpp:(.text._ZN3Upp12ImageSysDataD2Ev+0x48): undefined reference to `XRenderFreePicture'
ImageX11.cpp:(.text._ZN3Upp12ImageSysDataD2Ev+0x56): undefined reference to `XRenderFreePicture'
/home/nick/.upp/_out/trunk/CtrlCore/GCC.Ac.Client_Mit.Headless.Mt.Nogtk.Ocoe.Pro.Rainbow.Shared.Skeleton/CtrlCore.a(ImageX11.o): In function `Upp::SystemDraw::CursorX11(Upp::Image const&)':
ImageX11.cpp:(.text._ZN3Upp10SystemDraw9CursorX11ERKNS_5ImageE+0x7d): undefined reference to `XRenderFindStandardFormat'
ImageX11.cpp:(.text._ZN3Upp10SystemDraw9CursorX11ERKNS_5ImageE+0x94): undefined reference to `XRenderCreatePicture'
ImageX11.cpp:(.text._ZN3Upp10SystemDraw9CursorX11ERKNS_5ImageE+0x1dc): undefined reference to `XRenderCreateCursor'
ImageX11.cpp:(.text._ZN3Upp10SystemDraw9CursorX11ERKNS_5ImageE+0x1ee): undefined reference to `XRenderFreePicture'
/home/nick/.upp/_out/trunk/CtrlCore/GCC.Ac.Client_Mit.Headless.Mt.Nogtk.Ocoe.Pro.Rainbow.Shared.Skeleton/CtrlCore.a(ImageX11.o): In function `Upp::ImageSysData::Paint(Upp::SystemDraw&, int, int, Upp::Rect_<int> c
	onst&, Upp::Color)':
ImageX11.cpp:(.text._ZN3Upp12ImageSysData5PaintERNS_10SystemDrawEiiRKNS_5Rect_IiEENS_5ColorE+0x1e5): undefined reference to `XRenderFindStandardFormat'
ImageX11.cpp:(.text._ZN3Upp12ImageSysData5PaintERNS_10SystemDrawEiiRKNS_5Rect_IiEENS_5ColorE+0x1fc): undefined reference to `XRenderCreatePicture'
ImageX11.cpp:(.text._ZN3Upp12ImageSysData5PaintERNS_10SystemDrawEiiRKNS_5Rect_IiEENS_5ColorE+0x342): undefined reference to `XftDrawPicture'
ImageX11.cpp:(.text._ZN3Upp12ImageSysData5PaintERNS_10SystemDrawEiiRKNS_5Rect_IiEENS_5ColorE+0x392): undefined reference to `XRenderComposite'
ImageX11.cpp:(.text._ZN3Upp12ImageSysData5PaintERNS_10SystemDrawEiiRKNS_5Rect_IiEENS_5ColorE+0x3df): undefined reference to `XRenderFindStandardFormat'
ImageX11.cpp:(.text._ZN3Upp12ImageSysData5PaintERNS_10SystemDrawEiiRKNS_5Rect_IiEENS_5ColorE+0x3f8): undefined reference to `XRenderCreatePicture'
ImageX11.cpp:(.text._ZN3Upp12ImageSysData5PaintERNS_10SystemDrawEiiRKNS_5Rect_IiEENS_5ColorE+0x558): undefined reference to `XftDrawPicture'
ImageX11.cpp:(.text._ZN3Upp12ImageSysData5PaintERNS_10SystemDrawEiiRKNS_5Rect_IiEENS_5ColorE+0x5ac): undefined reference to `XRenderFreePicture'
ImageX11.cpp:(.text._ZN3Upp12ImageSysData5PaintERNS_10SystemDrawEiiRKNS_5Rect_IiEENS_5ColorE+0x5f5): undefined reference to `XRenderFindStandardFormat'
ImageX11.cpp:(.text._ZN3Upp12ImageSysData5PaintERNS_10SystemDrawEiiRKNS_5Rect_IiEENS_5ColorE+0x625): undefined reference to `XRenderCreatePicture'
ImageX11.cpp:(.text._ZN3Upp12ImageSysData5PaintERNS_10SystemDrawEiiRKNS_5Rect_IiEENS_5ColorE+0x6ca): undefined reference to `XRenderFillRectangle'
/home/nick/.upp/_out/trunk/CtrlCore/GCC.Ac.Client_Mit.Headless.Mt.Nogtk.Ocoe.Pro.Rainbow.Shared.Skeleton/CtrlCore.a(ImageX11.o): In function `Upp::ImageDraw::~ImageDraw()':
ImageX11.cpp:(.text._ZN3Upp9ImageDrawD2Ev+0x17): undefined reference to `XftDrawDestroy'
ImageX11.cpp:(.text._ZN3Upp9ImageDrawD2Ev+0x43): undefined reference to `XftDrawDestroy'
/home/nick/.upp/_out/trunk/CtrlCore/GCC.Ac.Client_Mit.Headless.Mt.Nogtk.Ocoe.Pro.Rainbow.Shared.Skeleton/CtrlCore.a(ImageX11.o): In function `Upp::ImageDraw::Init()':
ImageX11.cpp:(.text._ZN3Upp9ImageDraw4InitEv+0x8e): undefined reference to `XftDrawCreate'
ImageX11.cpp:(.text._ZN3Upp9ImageDraw4InitEv+0x120): undefined reference to `XftDrawCreate'
/home/nick/.upp/_out/trunk/CtrlCore/GCC.Ac.Client_Mit.Headless.Mt.Nogtk.Ocoe.Pro.Rainbow.Shared.Skeleton/CtrlCore.a(X11Wnd.o): In function `Upp::Ctrl::DoPaint(Upp::Vector<Upp::Rect_<int> > const&)':
X11Wnd.cpp:(.text._ZN3Upp4Ctrl7DoPaintERKNS_6VectorINS_5Rect_IiEEEE+0x75): undefined reference to `XftDrawCreate'
X11Wnd.cpp:(.text._ZN3Upp4Ctrl7DoPaintERKNS_6VectorINS_5Rect_IiEEEE+0xc9): undefined reference to `XftDrawDestroy'
/home/nick/.upp/_out/trunk/CtrlCore/GCC.Ac.Client_Mit.Headless.Mt.Nogtk.Ocoe.Pro.Rainbow.Shared.Skeleton/CtrlCore.a(X11Wnd.o): In function `Upp::ViewDraw::ViewDraw(Upp::Ctrl*)':
X11Wnd.cpp:(.text._ZN3Upp8ViewDrawC2EPNS_4CtrlE+0xff): undefined reference to `XftDrawCreate'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

There were errors. (0:02.49)

It's entirely possible that I don't really understand what Skeleton is designed to do. I am trying to use it to take a GUI app and enable it to run in batch mode on cloud nodes which do not have video cards merely by replacing GUI_APP_MAIN with CONSOLE_APP_MAIN.

Can I still call TopWindow constructors and member functions in the code? Does Skeleton make these harmless or do I need to do more to make my code Skeleton friendly?

I took a look at uppweb but I don't really get what it is doing. It is very different to my starting point.

Cheers,

Nick

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Is there any way to return all children of a ParentCtrl?
Next Topic: Feature request: Add LZMA SDK to U++
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:13:07 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01540 seconds