Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » OpenCV
OpenCV [message #39061] Mon, 11 February 2013 23:08 Go to previous message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
Hello,

Two days ago I fighted with OpenCV 2.2 on Windows and at the end I gave up. I used the Koldo's upp package and I was able to run simple demo and activate my cam. But when I wanted to run the example in the opencv SAMPLE directory nothing worked.

Yesterday I moved to SimpleCV. After downloading several times the package and reading manuals and tutorials even stupid demo didn't want to work.

Today I've installed a fresh lubuntu 12.10. Tried with OpenCV 2.4.3 and installed million libraries to avoid the complain of compiler. Again no luck. Some useless demo works but most hang without reason (my cam is a Logitech 9000 that works under windows and linux as well).

I am not an expert but neither a complete newcomer. The OpenCV installation seems a very hard task and the instructions does not spend too much words about it. I wonder if somebody was able to use Upp+OpenCV2.4 under linux/windows and set correctly the build methods (PATH/INCLUDE/LIB directories) or package lib flag to let it to work, i.e. to compile the sample example.

Many thanks,
Luigi

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: syntex highlighting upp-svn source files.
Next Topic: MSVC and code size
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 17:13:12 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03274 seconds