Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Extra libraries, Code snippets, applications etc. » OS Problems etc., Win32, POSIX, MacOS, FreeBSD, X11 etc » So many preprocessor defines for platform !
Re: So many preprocessor defines for platform ! [message #39636 is a reply to message #39633] Thu, 11 April 2013 16:25 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi jibe,

I was hoping someone more informed than me will answer, but it seems it's up to me Smile I didn't check all the things I'm saying here, so take it just as "educated guess" Wink

First of all, the list you posted can be divided into two parts:
a) macros defined by U++ (PLATFORM_*, WIN32, BSD, POSIX etc.)
b) macros defined by the compiler or other libraries (__linux__, __WIN64__, _WIN32)

You should probably be ok if you only used the first group. The PLATFORM_* macros are quite generic and should satisfy most of your needs. I think the rest (WIN32, BSD, POSIX, ...) are meant to be used by U++ internally. Good place to start looking for how all the flags are defined and used should be Core/config.h.

Also note that some of the macros have overlapping meanings, e.g. PLATFORM_POSIX is defined together with PLATFORM_BSD on BSD and with PLATFORM_LINUX on Linux. It always depends on what exactly you need to check, but with basic knowledge about the target platforms, you can ussualy guess easily which one should be used.

Best regards,
Honza

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: U++ for Android?
Next Topic: Strange behaviour: spy++ vs Ranorex vs EnumChildWindows
Goto Forum: