Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Extra libraries, Code snippets, applications etc. » OS Problems etc., Win32, POSIX, MacOS, FreeBSD, X11 etc » So many preprocessor defines for platform !
Re: So many preprocessor defines for platform ! [message #39644 is a reply to message #39642] Fri, 12 April 2013 09:14 Go to previous message
jibe is currently offline  jibe
Experienced Member
Hi,

dolik.rce wrote on Fri, 12 April 2013 08:21

It all depends on what exactly you need to do, i.e. what platform specific code you need to write. U++ in itself is ready to be used in multiplatform applications. And if you plan to use some low level stuff, which can be very specific, you can always use directly the macros defined by the compiler (e.g. _WIN32 in MSVC or __linux for GCC on linux).

Ok, so there is no more complete list than Core/config.h ? Well, I'll have to look for the ones I need... and to complete the C++ build flags page !

dolik.rce wrote on Fri, 12 April 2013 08:21

I think these days the best choice is to use virtualbox, wmware or some other virtualization tool

Yes, it's surely the best way when you have to compile and test. I was thinking to use cross-compiling because I'll have all the systems to test, and it was to avoid to install UPP on each one, and make changes on various machines that must be centralized at the end...

But my question was more especially about the flags to use for every specific part. Wink

Well, I'll study all that and do some testing. Thank for your help Smile

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: U++ for Android?
Next Topic: Strange behaviour: spy++ vs Ranorex vs EnumChildWindows
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:29:43 CET 2024