Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Core » Is it possible to use Core/Rpc in non blocking mode?
Is it possible to use Core/Rpc in non blocking mode? [message #39751] Tue, 23 April 2013 11:08 Go to previous message
steffen is currently offline  steffen

Hi,

My application is talking to a json-rpc server which normally uses two connections at a time. One for foreground request/response actions and another for long polling background requests.

The response from the long polling requests is actually reverse json-rpc requests.

Now I'm wondering if it is possible to use SocketWaitEvent, like in the GuiWebCrawler example, to listen for data on multiple JsonRpcRequest at once?
Or am I forced to use a thread for each simultaneous JsonRpcRequest?

Also is it possible to use the http upgrade feature on a JsonRpcRequest, to make it into a Html5 websocket connection?
I think my server will be able to handle websocket connections pretty soon. Then I would only need one bidirectional connection.

If none of these features exists, I would be happy to make a patch/extension for them, so a few hints in the right direction is welcome.

Regards,
Steffen

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: stl-compatibility
Next Topic: How to read the file using XMLize ???
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:26:27 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05109 seconds