Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » Draw, Display, Images, Bitmaps, Icons » ScatterDraw/ScatterCtrl new features
Re: ScatterDraw/ScatterCtrl new features [message #39881 is a reply to message #39877] Thu, 09 May 2013 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
dolik.rce wrote on Thu, 09 May 2013 07:17

BioBytes wrote on Wed, 08 May 2013 17:56

I have another question: What is the difference with PlotCtrl/PlotLib ?

Hi Biobytes,

PlotLib and PlotCtrl was my experiment to create a graphing based on Painter (as there was none at that time). It is not developped anymore as it was by far surpassed by the graphing widgets from Koldo and Didier. The only last feature where PlotLib might have advantage is that it can be used for drawing in non-GUI apps (event on servers with no X windows installed), as it doesn't use CtrlCore.

But as I said, it is not developed anymore, and it is probably full of bugs Smile I wouldn't recommend using it for production code, unless you really need some of the special functionality and you're willing to spend considerable time developing it to suit your needs. Actually I think it might be better if I delete it from svn, so it doesn't confuse people Smile

Honza

Hello BioBytes

Scatter packages are strongly inspirated in Honza's Plot packages including but not limited to the ability to create and save plots in command line applications.

Best regards
IƱaki

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message