Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » GDB_MI2 debugger fixes
Re: GDB_MI2 debugger fixes [message #41987 is a reply to message #41985] Mon, 10 February 2014 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Oblivion is currently offline  Oblivion
Senior Contributor
Hello Massimo,

I dug through the TheIDE's code and found the main reason behind the two problems I've mentioned above.
Both problems seem to be a result of a localization/internationalization issue.

You see, My upp dir is under a directory which has some Turkish letters in its name. Both Gdb_MI2::SyncIde() and Gdb_MI2::SyncDisas() methods call the MICmd() method to fill MIValue structures, which seem to have a "file" (tuple?) member in it. But calling the MICmd() method returns a file path and if that path has non-ascii characters, it converts them to a number value (utf or unicode?).

Please find the attached screenshot, which I believe can explain the problem better. In the screenshot, as you will see, because the path doesn't actually exist (the path should not be ".../Geli305237tirme/Ultimate++/...", theide does not call disas.Add().

If I move the Ultimate++ directory under, say, /home/user/ directory everything works fine.

Shouldn't these "localized path" issues be taken care of by theide? Or is this a GDB issue?

(After more investigation: It seems that this is a gdb issue. Gdb uses the numeric representations of non-ascii characters in paths.)

Regards.

[Updated on: Mon, 10 February 2014 01:50]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message