FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » UppHub » FTP class and reference example for U++
Re: FTP class and reference example for U++ [message #47932 is a reply to message #47929] Tue, 25 April 2017 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Oblivion is currently offline  Oblivion
Senior Contributor
Quote:
For me it is a great news that somebody published video related to U++. You could consider posting URL to our site in the movie description Wink

Done. Credits go where it's due. Smile

Quote:
Backing to FTP - did you consider moving to enum class (c++11 feature) instead of old-c like enum. I think the whole API will gained on this change. For example:

Ok, I'll change this, it won't hurt much, all it requires is some minor adjustments.

Quote:
// In my opinion "Type" world is a better alternative in this situation...

Well this is more about semantics. According to Wiktionary and Oxford Dictionary, a style is a manner of doing, or presenting things, which is what directory listing in FTP is all about.
It does not necessarily say anything about the underlying file system or structure (FTP servers can and sometimes do have UNIX style dir listing, when they actually use Windows/DOS based file structure (and there are even newer and more detailed listing styles (See: https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3659) which I'm planning to support in next versions. That's why I refactored the Ftp::DirEntry class, using a ValueMap. It gives us a tremendous flexibility to support almost any dir listing syle used in ftp servers. Parsing of dir listings in ftp is a PITA, with no reliable or standard format around, by the way Smile )
It is about the way of presenting directory entries (they are same type of objects in an ftp context: both are directory listings). So, I'd prefer it stay as it is.

Quote:
Let me ask you one question - do you have GitHub repository for that project?

I do use and prefer git and github for my C/Python/Perl code, but I prefer using SVN for my U++ related projects, for it is supported by TheIDE. Smile
In 2015 I'd created a sourceforge SVN repo, named Ultimate++ Components (of course, with a disclaimer that the repository and the code it contains is not endorsed by
U++ in any way, and that it is simply an unofficial project to externally support the U++ framework.)
Initially it saw some activity, but I had to focus on my other projects and my job, so the repo lied dormant for a long time.
Not anymore Smile I revived it some time ago, and restructuring it now.
I'm uploading the development versions of the components I develop and use, with BSD license.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/ultimatecomponents/

Regards,

Oblivion

[Updated on: Tue, 25 April 2017 09:23]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message