Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » Which is the biggest drawback of U++ "unpopuliarity"?
Re: Which is the biggest drawback of U++ "unpopuliarity"? [message #2846 is a reply to message #2844] Fri, 28 April 2006 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
prof is currently offline  prof
Promising Member
Yes. TheIDE is comfortable for me as for a developer. VisualAssist is just a code completion engine smarter than Intellisense. TheIDE already has a completion engine, and just need to make the c++ parser more complete. So there's nothing wrong with TheIDE.

I unfortunately do see a big difference between the widgets in those apps I mentioned and upp widgets. Maybe we should make a new poll - how many other people do see a difference in looks significant enough in order not to use upp GUI for their programs.

Compare Office 97 and Office 2003, 7zip and WinZip/WinRar, early Mozilla themes and Firefox. I've seen Mozilla before and refused to migrate due to its awful themes. But when I saw Firefox 0.8 with it's perfect Qute theme, it was the first open source GUI I really liked. When in 0.9 Qute was replaced with a more conservative theme, a lot of people were disappointed. So the community fixed the default theme in Firefox and now I'm equally comfortable with both.

And also two examples from the Web: http://www.visual-eiffel.com/front_content.php and http://www.sgi.com/support/custeducation/courses/linux/altix _adv_sys_adminii.html

The two pages just represent some textual information. No super DHTML/AJAX, no drop down menus etc on both pages. All usability recomendations seems to be followed. I can't tell what's wrong with the first page, but I definitely liked the latter more. It looks more balanced, more professional.

[Updated on: Fri, 28 April 2006 00:35]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Fantastic work!!
Next Topic: Which Upp version do you use?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 07:46:16 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.06782 seconds