Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » Which is the biggest drawback of U++ "unpopuliarity"?
Re: Which is the biggest drawback of U++ "unpopuliarity"? [message #5942 is a reply to message #5934] Wed, 25 October 2006 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
cioannou is currently offline  cioannou
Quote:

Anyway, back to the comment. Besides lack of time, I think another problem is that core U++ developers are not quite surewhat to comment and what not. For me, all examples are too simple and understandable, I am really not sure what should be commented and what not.

Also, I am not sure we should try to teach U++ users how to program in C++...

Can't tell you what to comment exactly, but I guess that whatever is UPP related and since we're talking about examples code almost everything needs a comment.

U++ users are supposed to have read one or two "C++ for Dummies" or "Teach yourself C++" books.

btw, IMHO this is the biggest problem in C++, the most difficult part in this language is to get from beginner to intermediate by writing real-world useful programs.There is absolutely no book/guide/tutorial that would get you from simple "cout << 'Hello World'" subjects to real-world GUI programming without having to really master templates, vectors, pointers that point to pointers that point to functions etc. If we're talking about users, all this is crap, especially for business application developers. All they need is a full featured IDE/RAD tool, ready made functionality (e.g. data editing made easy) and a bunch of commands and controls to work with. (Reminder: VB, Powerbuilder, Delphi etc.)

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Fantastic work!!
Next Topic: Which Upp version do you use?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 02:00:44 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 2.13637 seconds