Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » [REJECTED]: VarArgs class for U++ (va_ macros replacement, in U++ stlye)
Re: [PROPOSAL]: VarArgs class for U++ (va_ macros replacement, in U++ stlye) [message #46057 is a reply to message #46043] Thu, 25 February 2016 21:35 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Oblivion is currently offline  Oblivion
Senior Contributor
mirek wrote on Mon, 22 February 2016 21:34

IMO Value makes better alternative if 'args' are concretes.

If not, C++11 parameter packs would probably be better. Or sometimes tuples.

Hello Mirek,

Yes it certainly would be better in that case. But main focus of this class is on mutable pointers, and references. As I mentioned above, I actually decoupled it from the simple synchronization tool I wrote, where async jobs (methods with variable arguments) are queued to be executed later. It works well there.

Anyway, I am going to mark this proposal as rejected, for it now seems to me a bad idea to generalize this type of argument passing.

Quote:
Oblivion wrote on Sun, 21 February 2016 15:34

3) I don't quite understand this one. While VarArgs is technically a container (I defined it as such in the description, I know), it isn't per se. It is supposed to be a convenince class with vector-like interface.

I wanted to say that interface of Vector is very simple and standard. There is nothing unusual and hard to understand about it. Design of Index and ArrayIndex is somewhat unusual.
IMHO, nobody should have problems using plain Vector.

Hello Novo,

Ah, I see. I got your point now. Thanks!

Regards,

Oblivion.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Moving on with supporting old things...
Next Topic: Build fails with freetype 2.6.3
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:09:09 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04030 seconds