Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » LineEdit, EditFields, DocEdit » How to let appear by default the bar in the LineEdit?
How to let appear by default the bar in the LineEdit? [message #3136] Mon, 08 May 2006 22:14 Go to previous message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
Hello,

I'm playing with the lineedit ctrl and I've noticed that the scrolling bars are not shown by default.
In the attached picture the user realizes that the text continue on the right but do not see any bar to scroll it. I was object of the same problem the first time, even because I clicked with no success over the empty region. So I believed that the area was freezed by some option. At the end I realized that the behaviour could be the same of TheIDE and I clicked inside the long row and the bar appeared.
The situation could be dangerous when the data are present in the hided region but the user do not know it. So he can believe that the output is missing something and the program is bugged.
In other words I think that the bars should be always visible by default (at least if there is at least one long row that overcome the right side of the screen). Unfortunately I haven't found the method to set it. I am sure it is present, it isn't?

Luigi
  • Attachment: swiss4.jpg
    (Size: 53.15KB, Downloaded 1987 times)

[Updated on: Mon, 08 May 2006 22:16]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message