Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » Releasing U++ » umk on U++ server is obsolete and creates bad Makefiles (umk on U++ server is obsolete and must be replaced by the new version from trunk)
icon4.gif  umk on U++ server is obsolete and creates bad Makefiles [message #47351] Fri, 06 January 2017 22:31 Go to previous message
amrein is currently offline  amrein
Experienced Member
Hi

The current 'umk' binary on the server is not patched and it creates not thread safe Makefiles. Those Makefiles end up in all new snapshots and prevent building U++ with threads.
-> The command line tool 'umk' needs to be replaced by the new version in trunk head.

What I mean is that 'make -j8 -C uppsrc' will stop with errors because 'make prepare' is not called soon enough. This has been fixed in svn. Unfortunately, this new version is not installed on the server yet.

I don't know who is responsible of the U++ server so I post here.

And does anyone knows how to access those two files 'umk.1' and 'theide.1' on the server? I want to include those two files inside future snapshots (editing 'src' bash script for that) for more standard POSIX/X11 tarballs.

[Updated on: Fri, 06 January 2017 22:32]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message icon4.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Many duplicates in U++ source code
Next Topic: Tarball issues
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 08:56:23 CEST 2024