Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » PR, media coverage, articles and documentation » Google Summer of Code 2017 - Preparations
Google Summer of Code 2017 - Preparations [message #47407] Thu, 12 January 2017 22:44
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello,

I would like to start the discussion about Google Summer of Code 2017. We as the U++ organization should definitely try to participate. This is the chance for us to grow. As you may notice in previous years we failed to be accepted. So, we should draw lessons from our failure and try to do things better in the current year.

For me the goals are clear for this year. We can only take one student, because at the moment we have two mentors that can spend together 10 hours per student. As a mentor I proposed for Mirek, he knows everything about U++, so he is completely natural for the role. The second person that can handle this is my humble self. So, it means that I will need to spend 5 ours per student. Currently, our time is limited, so one student in this year is rational.

The next thing is that we need four polished ideas. I will create the separate topic for this. We have several ideas from previous years - but we need to prioritize and do them very well-designed. Maybe better GDB support, so wanted by a large group of developers.

We are starting our preparation a little bit too early. But I want to make sure that everything is going in the right direction. So, here is the link to the timiline: https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/timeline.

I would like to hear your opinion. Because together, we can do more Wink

Sincerely,
Zbigniew Rębacz

U++ - one framework to rule them all.

Read Message
Previous Topic: Two new internal articles
Next Topic: We linked all tutorials in one page
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:14:58 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01401 seconds